Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Followup to DUR Workshop

As followup to our 2-day DUR Workshop, we invited the hospital pharmacists back to present their DUR analyses. My role was to be the 'expert' commentator. One problem - the presentations were in Thai! But that did not stop me from commenting - I understand more Thai than I can speak, and many of the technical language/words are English (or close to it). So they listened to my comments, and sometimes, they were relevant (sometimes not, but they were probably too polite to let me know). It was fun, and the pharmacists did a great job developing DUR criteria, analyzing their pharmacy claims data and presenting the results. This is a first step to building a multi-hospital database of drug use data that we can use to describe and study rational drug use across Thailand. We have quite a bit of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment