Sunday, January 11, 2009

A fantastic Shabbat in Bangkok

I'll keep this brief, since most are probably not interested...I spent Shabbat at one of the Chabad Bangkok synagogues, Beth Elisheva. It was a very interesting mix of cultures - Ashkenazi, Sephardi, Israeli, Romanian, Korean, Thai, Long Island, South Florida, etc. etc. Of course, the prayers are univeresal so that was comforting (my Hebrew is a lot better than my Thai). Rabbi and Rebbetzin Joseph and Nechama Kantor were gracious hosts. And the cholent was excellent! If you are interested in more details of the dinner conversation and some of the people I met, let me know - I would love to share with you!! Also, for more information on Jewish life and history in Thailand, see http://www.jewishthailand.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/421323/jewish/Overview-Judaism-in-Thailand.htm Next week I'll arrive before Friday sundown and take some pictures, for those who are interested. So, today (Sunday) I am in the office preparing a list of quality indicators that we can measure using multiple hospital clinic databases (yes, I am working!!!)

1 comment: