Thursday, January 8, 2009

Scenes from a Thai Pharmacy School I

I thought I would share with you some scenes around the Chulalongkorn Faculty of Pharmacy building. The cafeteria has excellent, inexpensive Thai food, and a Dunkin Donuts (but alas, no Splenda or Equal). If you click on the cafeteria picture, you can read the menu.
Dogs are everywhere in Bangkok, and scores live in 'Pharmacy Hall', which is open-air. I took some snapshots that are not appropriate for posting (mating season). Students and faculty seem to just ignore the dogs, but you do have to watch where you walk!
Wait! Chelsea, you're not a Thai dog! Now, be good a good dog while I'm away...

4 comments:

  1. Always knew she'd go to the dogs! (sorry,
    couldn't resist that one.

    Took Barry, Matt and Sam to The Hopkins Club
    lasy night for fried chicken dinner. Marni in
    NY.

    Love,

    Reta and Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilene,
    You bring back fond memories from the short time I spent teaching a communications workshop in Thailand. People were so gracious and so hospitable. I look forward to following your great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you like me to send you a care package of the little yellow packets? Peace, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia - thanks for the comment. Yes, this is a special place with wonderful people? At which university did you conduct your workshop? I hope to get to others and will say 'saw wad dee ka' for you.

    Linda - I'll use this as an opportunity to wean myself from the yellow packets, but thanks. What a great offer from a great friend.

    Stanmet - to both, thanks for looking after the kids, making sure they get a good meal once in a while!

    ReplyDelete